Sunday, October 17

Best Friends

Janna and her amazing family came up and spent Fall Break with Sara and I this past weekend. Let me tell you, I needed the break desperately and it was absolutely perfect to have them come up. (A very big thank you to them for sacrificing their Fall Break just to make my life better...) We ended up doing a lot of really fun things- The Utah State Historic Park, The Children's Museum, The Sorcerer's Apprentice (during which Josie held my hand and made me feel more comfortable and safe than I have for a while. She's really one of the coolest girls ever.), shopping, playing football, going to the park... All out awesomeness. Janna's kids are amazing- all of them. So unique and special in their own way. I'll probably get around to writing posts about all of them some time or another just because of that, but this one is specifically dedicated to her youngest: Miss Jainie Elizabeth Belle Thalman

Jainie and I have been pretty tight. However, lately she's been upset with me for not going home more often. It's stunk! No good at all. After spending the weekend though, she was getting back to her old self more and more. On the last day they were here, we went to the park and swung, doing the octopus- where one person sits normally and the other sits on their lap, facing the other person- making their legs go the opposite way (does that make sense?). We were swinging away and laughing and when we finished she said, "Linds, you're my best friend." In case the weekend hadn't been healing enough with Janna's advice and humor, and Jaxon's energy and wit, and Josie's tenderness and attitude, and Josh's sweetness and athletic macho-ness, and Jake's pure craziness and expression, this added the little extra I needed. Facing the week is do-able all over again. :) Whew!


(This is obviously from last winter, but I didn't take my camera with me this weekend, so... I just decided to put up a favorite of Jainie Belle and I...)

2 comments:

  1. Linds, thanks for the awesome post. It is always so nice to see things from a different point of view. All the things that go on that I don't notice. That is why sometimes I feel like I need a reality tv show of my life so I would know what goes on around me that I seem to miss. Anyway, we all love you to pieces and are so grateful that you are our aunt/sister. You are amazing! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oregon was great but surely I missed being with you all.

    ReplyDelete