Tuesday, February 9

Legacy Prep Beginnings

On Thursday I applied for a dance teaching position at a charter school in Bountiful. Yesterday I had a second interview and they offered me the job! Woohoo! I'll be teaching part-time until April with two dance classes in the afternoon. One is a beginning/intermediate dance class for mostly middle school aged students and the second is their company class, the Leo Rouge, which has 7th-9th graders I believe. They're still young and aren't completely in control of their bodies yet, of course, but they're coming. Plus, they seem to be really good kids who love to dance and want to learn. I'm very excited about the whole thing. :) Even better is the fact that sometime in April one of their teachers is going on maternity leave and they asked me to work full time to be a permanent substitute in her class teaching English.  They have already started planning my schedule for next year too, so unless I somehow prove to be completely incompetent in the next few months (which is very unlikely if I do say so myself) then I have a full time job next year as well. I'll be teaching dance and English. (Sadly no history, apparently they have history teachers on standby already.) I've never thought I would end up working in a charter school, but I really like the administration and the teaching philosophy thus far.

Wish me luck on my first day as an official, paid teacher. Legacy Preparatory Academy and Leo Rouge, here comes Miss Oldroyd.

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo!! is right. Wish I could be in your class - what fun. jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You will be so great. Those girls are super lucky!!!!

    Incase I haven't told you, I love that you started a blog----so that I can be a part of exciting things like this.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete