Thursday, January 27

Joseph Hon-Fu Sin

   This is old news for some of you, probably most of you, but... I met someone. And I'm going to rave about him for approximately the next five minutes. I'll try not to gush for those of you who have sensitive stomachs (or witty minds to mock me with later... Janna...)


Toronto airport


Anyway, he's absolutely wonderful. 

He's brilliant. I tend to go to him with all of my questions- 
medical, spiritual, common sense, familial, friend, doctrinal, academic, etc.

He's musical. I've always felt buckets of peace when listening to the piano.
And he's impressive- as in sight-reading-difficult-classical-music-beautifully impressive.

He's athletic. Way more than me. Not that it takes a whole lot most of the time. 

He's genuine and kind. They're the first things that drew me to him. 

He's loving. For some reason he seems to love me dearly and think I'm something incredible. I'm all about keeping that little exaggeration perfectly in tact. 

He's happy and peaceful. And a bit of that gets radiated out to me.
Especially on those days when I want to strangle students 
or when I'm stressed about some dumb little thing. 

He loves the Gospel. He has such strength and testimony that brightens my life.
I love talking to him about it and sharing experiences and beliefs.


Bored at the Toronto airport, waiting for our flight, which was cancelled...

   So, yes, Lindsay is in love. As trite and ridiculous as that sounds and as much as I NEVER thought I would write that in a blog... well... the time has come to tackle my pride and say it out loud for my family and friends. I realize love has different levels and I know I'm only starting, but I'm starting nonetheless. 
Isn't that lovely?

(I'm done gushing/raving now... see, that really wasn't that bad, was it?)


8 comments:

  1. Aw, Linds. So sweet. I would NEVER mock you - me, really? I am the supportive sister. Really, it's about stinkin' time. And, you are wonderful, everyone should love you if they don't already. And, Joseph does seem pretty great to me too. And, my kids love him. Even Josh - and that should tell you something! So, thumbs up - way up from the Thalman tribe. We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds!! That is sooooo exciting!!! I am so very happy for you! You guys make the cutest couple ever and seriously Joseph must be a pretty amazing guy if you have fallen for him. Love the pics! you look fabulous as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty impressive that you have finally! fessed up to loving Joseph. Good to see the pictures and they are pretty cute. HOpe to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhh Linds, we need to talk! I'm very excited about the news, but I need the deets face-to-face. . .or at least your voice. :) Wahoo to Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (sigh) ah, love.
    I love when people I love gush about love. Especially when they would make pretty babies. Ok. That's quite enough from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you, it is very exciting. I wish you the best because you deserve the best. You are such a great person that I am sure he is just as great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post. When is the next one busy law student??

    ReplyDelete