Sunday, January 16

His Holy House



     Last night I went to the Salt Lake temple with Sara and Laura. As I was there I began thinking about the beauty of the earth and all the blessings we are each given. And, most importantly, about the Holy Ghost and the humbling promise to always have Him with us if we so choose. The greatest and most needed blessings poured through me- peace, hope, steadiness, strength, reassurance, love. Who wouldn't want to enter a place that reminds us of those dearly held blessings we already have access to? So often I forget and go about my life without paying much attention to, and not leaning on, those hallowed gifts from God. 
   There are many things I love about the temple, but one of them is how it helps me to see clearly and in perspective. Priorities are no longer upside-down and topsy-turvy, expectations and rules are centered in the Gospel instead of ten different places that I'm trying to remember and figure out when they contradict. Life can be so much simpler than I allow it to be. The most important things in life are simple and all-encompassing and that is the majesty of the Heavens. Yes, life can be difficult and complicated and confusing, but the things that truly matter never will be, and they will be a guide to help us through those things that seemingly are. 




   I'm still so new at being in the temple, but the beauty is that it doesn't matter whether you've been twice or six hundred times... the Lord is there, waiting to speak to you, and teach you at whatever level you may be at. Each time I learn more, and though I often feel like I'm only grasping the basics, I feel peace that I'm at the level I need to be at. It's okay to work to understand the basics. The Lord has promised that we will understand all that we need in order to make the decisions that are in front of us. 


   As I was reading a Church article before I went, it asked a few questions: What does this decision do for me? and What does this decision do to me? As I sat in the temple and pondered these things, I realized that I have been given light sufficient for my needs. I have received strength sufficient to move forward. I have been blessed. I am being blessed. I am a daughter of God. And He loves me. And now I must "fresh courage take, [for] our God will never us forsake". 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Linds, just beautiful! What a great reminder of what it is really all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the beautiful words about the temple, they are such a great reminder and I always need reminding in my busy life. I am so glad that things are going well for you. Love the bookshelf, looks great. It is always nice to have things clean and organized. Good luck with the stack of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Binze! Long time, no hear from. I loved this post. It is so true, unfortunately I forget as well and put way too many things first instead of the temple. I really need to get there. Anyway, I am glad you found some answers. And, in my time of life, I still feel like I haven't figured out a lot of things either, and I am okay with that. I think right now for me just the peace and calm it brings into my life is wonderful and exhilarating.
    Hope you have a good one and can return again soon!

    ReplyDelete