Thursday, September 23

Beautiful Moments

Some things just make life better. For example:



Favorite recipes for comfort foods that brighten absolutely ANY day or night. Thanks Janna for THE Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever! (milk chocolate, of course)


Coming home to an absolutely delicious dinner after a grueling day at work. Sara made this and it was a perfect combination of lightness and fulfilling-ness. The broccoli on top surprisingly made it double delicious.


Unexpected kindnesses... I broke down in front of one of my supervisors as he was critiquing me after school. (Was he harsh? Definitely. Still... when did I get so danged emotional? I used to be so collected and content...) Anyway, afterwards he brought me one of his perfect peaches- that he was saving for dinner for himself. Unexpected, thoughtful, kind. 

Lastly, I wish I could put up a picture of some of the sunsets I've been seeing. As I drive home from work I see the sunset reflected on the east mountains and oh my... beautiful. Yesterday the moon was sitting so poised between the mountains and brewing storm clouds. It was beautiful and I get to see images like that on the way home from work. A beautiful little moment at the end of a long, long day.

P.S. I just realized this was 3/4 about food. Apparently I need to do something besides work, read, and cook/eat. haha Too bad! Love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment