Tuesday, August 24

So Long Summer

It's almost shocking to me that summer is coming to an end. I haven't posted anything since right around June sometime, so here are a few things I've been up to in no particular order. **Warning: this post contains two months worth of activity in two semi-busy months. **

I'm saying goodbye to this building. I'm officially finished with my English endorsement; the last step for my teaching certification. I took my last two classes (both American Lit) this summer at UVU. I've walked through this parking lot and up those stairs oh-so-many times.


I'm saying hello to this building- American Preparatory Academy in West Valley. I've already spent two weeks training and today I went in to set up my classroom. (Getting paper on those bulletin boards isn't as easy as it should be.) I'm teaching English and Dance- so excited for it! I love the staff and students I've met so far. 



I still get to see her everyday, which I absolutely love and thank my lucky stars for.

  


And... a few other random events that have rocked my summer:


Tuacahn's "Tarzan"
So fun to get some of the family together for a couple days and play. 

Ry's back in SLC! Woohoo! We went to the Salt Lake Parade of Homes; this was a kids play house- intense. And yes, we did get lost in Draper, because it's laid out ridiculously.

 
Fourth of July in Richfield! 'Nough said.

Oh the Children's Parade... I thought I missed it this year because I was running late, but I was thankfully an hour off. Decorated bikes, wagons, scooters, and hair-do's. Perfect country classic.

Mmmm... naps at the cabin. I was really hoping for one right then; Jainie, however, was pretending, and not very well at that. Still, it was fun to cuddle up momentarily.


And lastly, what would a summer be without baseball? Thankfully Janna's kids play and don't mind me hanging out and watching all their games. I really do love it. Makes summer wonderful!

This summer's been busy, but wonderful. I'm excited to start teaching again and to get into fall (my favorite season), but this summer has truly been awesome. Always a little sad to see it go. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm missing summer already too! Good luck with school; you will be amazing as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling post Linds. So cute - yes, it looks like a good summer. Makes me want it back too. And, you changed your backgroud - much more teacher"ish". :) jk. One suggestion, maybe you should get a better picture of you and Jordan. ? What think you? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete